#AtoZChallenge : To J K Rowling

Image Source


Dear Joanne,

I’ve never met you and you don’t know me, yet you have made a lot of difference in my life. I hope that you are doing well. Many a times the people whom we meet make an impact on our lives, but you made an impact without even actually being there in my life. So this letter is just to let you know about it.

It all started when I was a 10 year old. I watched the first Harry Potter movie. I am sorry that I never knew about the books till then. But that movie led me to discover the books. I couldn’t buy them as those were really difficult times for me at home. I burrowed them from my friends and I slowly read all of them. Once I picked up a book, I couldn’t stop. I was mesmerized by Harry’s world- Hogwarts, the spells and potions, Quidditch, the mystical creatures, Platform 9 3/4th . But most importantly I was in awe of the characters that you had created. Harry’s bravery, Hermione’s wit, Ron’s loyalty, Snape’s true love, each of them taught me a lesson I’d never forget. I always marvel your attention for detail. It is amazing how you created a different world just by the power of your words. Gradually I started reading more about you.

“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.”
- J. K. Rowling

I quote your own words, words that inspired me. When I first started reading your books, I was going through difficult times. I’d never realized that you had been through a lot of hardships before your books saw the light of day. All that time I was just cribbing about the problems I had and I never saw the opportunities that those problems gave me, the lessons that they taught me. You taught me about the power of imagination and the power of words when combined is wonderful. And that inspired me to write.

I may never be as great a writer as you are. But you helped me start. Your life and your books taught me lessons that are essential. Thank you for being such an awesome author and for the impact that you have on my life.

Love,
Reema

Note: For those of you are unaware, J K Rowling is famous as the author of the Harry Potter series of books. Her other books include Casual Vacancy, The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm.

I'm taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is "A letter for a letter". So make sure you read all the letters from A to Z. 

 Also participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

Labels: , , , , , ,