#AtoZChallenge : To God



Image Source

Dear God,


First things first, how are you? I know it may sound odd for me to ask you how you are but let us face it, with all that is going on in the world today I don’t think that you are doing okay. I know that you must be feeling sad looking at the violence in the world around, innocent blood being shed. All of us here just keep asking you for help but we never bother to ask you how you are and to do our bit to make you happy. So I just thought that I would ask.


From the time I was a kid, I was told about you and I have always being glad to know that there is someone above who takes care of me, who watches over me when I am asleep. I have always been intrigued by you- about how you are present everywhere, about how you look after each of your creation. Our notions of you don’t make sense at all. Most of us believe that you are there- we just call you different names yet we fight against each other just for your sake. Why do you let us do that?


"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with."

-Billy Graham


Well, don’t you get tired? All of us just keep pestering you with our list of prayers for our needs, our luxuries and our selfish desires? And what with people forgetting you once their wish lists are fulfilled? Many of us come to you only when things go wrong because when things go right it is only because of our hard work and talents- that is what we choose to think. We are supposed to give as we receive. But for all the good things that we get from you, we only choose to give hatred, anger, jealousy to others. Why can’t we give each other some love, care, trust and understanding? Why can’t we share a smile?


Personally, I thank you for all that you have done for me from the time I came into this world. For all the things that you have blessed me with, for all the troubles that you have saved me from, for making me who I am today I am grateful. But there is just one thing I wish you didn’t do. How I wish you could make dad stay here longer with me rather than taking him to you? I know you had your reasons. And I know even though you took dad away you have ensured that I am okay. But it just hurts you know. I hope you will continue to bless me and if there are any problems that may come on my way, please give the strength to face them. Thank you for everything.



Love,
Reema

I'm taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is "A letter for a letter". So make sure you read all the letters from A to Z. 

Also participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

Labels: , , , ,