#AtoZChallenge : To Dad

Dear Dad,

Time flies, doesn’t it? It seems just yesterday when I was a little girl holding your hands when I walked, trying to imitate you when I talked. But now I’m supposed to be a grown up. It feels like a lot of responsibility and at times I don’t how I am going to manage all this. If only you were here dad.
It has been almost 14 years dad when from this world you went away. For a little girl of 9, it was very hard to digest the fact that you were no longer there by my side, that you were gone- never again to return. I cried but I knew that I had to be strong. Gradually I accepted the fact that though you were not physically there by my side, but you were there to guide me, to console me, to feel proud of me when I did something good and that has kept me going. 

You were there with me for just a few years. By the time I could really understand what life and death was you were gone. But in those few years that I got to spend with you, you taught me a lot. You taught me what was right and what was wrong, to differentiate the good from bad. But most importantly you taught me how to face difficulties and not give up. No matter how much pain you were in, you never failed to smile. It was difficult for you but you didn’t want to disappoint us. When I look back and think of all the memories that I can remember, I see each moment in a new light. Those few years were enough for you to impart me a life time of wisdom. And you instilled in me the love for reading which has made me the person that I am today. 

“You are still very much alive dad- in my heart, in the fond memories, in the lessons that you taught that are now bearing fruit.”

Though I miss having you around and being able to hug you, I know you are always there with me. God took you away to ease the pain that you were in. You are at a better place now. But I hope that you are happy at whatever I’ve done in my life so far. I hope you are proud of me, dad. Thank you for everything. I miss you!

Lots of love,
Reema
I'm taking up the #AtoZChallenge and my theme is "A letter for a letter". So make sure you read all the letters from A to Z. 
Also writing for Day 5 of Ultimate Blog Challenge


Labels: , , , , ,