Who am I?

Image Source


I was lost in the crowd,
I was one among the lot.
My voice lost in the din ever so loud,
“Who am I?”, the answer I sought.

To some I was good; to some I was bad,
I’d been kind to some and rude to many.
I’d made people happy and I’d made them sad,
But who was I, answers I didn’t find any.

To the world I was a so and so person,
But when alone, I was a different entity.
For this I found no reason,
I bemoaned my confused identity.

A traveller on life’s journey I thought I was,
But was I on a journey if I really didn’t move forward?
Was I the one who raised the voice for a just cause?
Or do I run away from trouble and I’m a coward?

No one can know the real me,
For often I hide behind a mask.
I am not what the world can always see,
Finding who I am is indeed a task.

In life, so many roles I play,
So many characters I juggle through.
Who I am, I can’t say,
If only, I knew.

For this week's Blog Chatter prompt, write about who you are. Your story, you confusion, or anything that the prompt inspires you to write. So go ahead and write.
Blogchatter is an online community of bloggers which meet every Wednesday at 8.30 PM IST discussing various blogging topics on twitter. Join us as well one of these days then! 









Labels: , , , , ,